Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Visualising

The weather has turned colder here in Sydney, so I've been thinking about making a pair of fingerless gloves to keep my hands warm while I type on my computer. I like the look of the wrist warmers in the two pictures I stuck into my visual journal (far left), but I want gloves that will cover my hands as well so I will add a thumbhole and a bit of extra length under the frill.

I've decided to knit the wrist warmers in 2 ply wool so they'll be light and lacy, and I knitted up a test swatch (above right) to see how many stitches I'll need to make each glove. Now I'm off to cast on, and take some photos as I go to share with my you. If you'd like to make a pair for yourself, I'll give you a link to buy the pattern from my Etsy store when I've finished writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.