Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Map of the Future embroidery

With the embroidery for the Map of the Future visual journal cover complete, today I have rinsed the whole piece of fabric in lukewarm water to remove the water-soluble fabric marker, and spread it out to dry. Because it's linen, I won't let it dry completely before I iron it, pressing from the back on a soft towel so as not to flatten the stitches. There's just a little more preparation (which I'll discuss in detail in the pattern that will soon be available from my etsy store*), and then it will be time to assemble the cover and put it on the visual journal.

* If you'd like to be informed when the pattern is available, simply sign up for the newsletter in the sidebar. I'll email you when a new pattern is available, and I promise I won't contact you for any other sales or marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.