Thursday, July 12, 2012

Visual journal cover

I've decided that the next project I want to make is a cover for my visual journal, which is an A5-size, spiral-bound visual art diary. I looked for some inspiring examples and stuck the images in the very visual journal, as you can see at left.

Inspired by the book of historic maps I read this week, I decided to make a linen cover with an embroidered map design. I like the idea of an inset compass or clock, as in the third image. I also really, really want to keep my ideas and thoughts private with a solid lock (which was what triggered yesterday's image search).

Please keep coming back to this blog over the next week or two to see the progress I'm making on my journal cover and, of course, I'll write a pattern and instructions so that you can make one for yourself. If you sign up for my newsletter in the sidebar, I'll make sure you don't miss out on a copy of the pattern when it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.