Thursday, August 16, 2012

Finally, a map of the future!


If you have been patiently waiting to see the finished Map of the Future visual journal cover, please accept my apologies. I've been unable to sit at my computer for several weeks now due to a compressed disc in my spine – ouch! The project is now finished, and I've been scribbling away in the journal with more ideas for designs and patterns while I've been ill, so please come back to this blog soon to see what's next. 

After completing the embroidery of the map I had fun finding and adding the brass embellishments shown here, including the compass of cogs and watch parts, the ornate brass hinges and the hasp-and-staple lock to keep it safe.

The pattern and full step-by-step instructions are available from my etsy store, if you would like to make your own visual journal cover. And please add your email address to my mailing list using the form in the sidebar if you'd like to know when new patterns and designs are available.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.